Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

My girls

Today I was moving photos from old albums to new albums. I came across this photo of Shannon & Corinne. This was taken March 1986. Both of my girls loved the silk edge of their blankets. They would wrap them into a point and then stick that point of the binding in their eyes and noses as you can see from this photo. Aren't they so innocent and sweet here.

I ran into a friend at Fred Meyer last night that moved away probably 15 years ago give or take. It was so fun to see her, but I instantly grew sad for that time "when life was good way back then". Why do I always think that life was better long ago....but then when I see a photo like this....it makes me sad too.

By the way, the General Conference talks just make me feel inadequate. I know God loves me despite my weaknesses and He knows what I struggle with in this mortal life. I know the Atonement of Christ will make up for the rest because I'm doing the best I can.

1 comment:

Lorraine Butler said...

Yes, a cute photo. I always feel like crying when I see a photo of my kids when they were little. Those were sweet times, but hard, too. I find it helpful to stay in the moment, in the now, and enjoy wherever I am. And about Conference--have you set a goal? Just one will probably help you feel better about yourself!