Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Beginning to do stuff so we can move

Fred only had the time to put in the grass and gravel the first two summers after we moved here.
We finally fixed that. We bought about 25 plants/flowering bushes.
We had quite a few bushes/trees that we purchased way back that sat in the garden waiting to be planted. We salvaged two fruit trees, and a few other plants. I have the job of cutting up the dead branches to throw in the garbage can. I worked at that for two days straight. I quit for now. I've been having shoulder problems and there is no hurry. I'll get back to it.
I'm also mowing the lawn for Fred while he slaves in the backyard. He is amazing. He is a working machine. He does make an awful mess when he works on projects, but man it is magnificent when he is done. I don't know how he makes everything always look so good.
This is my summer apparel. I love this hat. I go for a walk every morning. Never have to fix my hair or put on makeup with this getup. I love it.
I think he looks a little dirty here.
So everything is planted and in place.
Fred now has to put all the gravel back in place around the plants
I just wanted to share how it looks in a somewhat finished state.


It took 2 1/2 weeks of hard sweaty labor on Fred's part. I just marvel at how hard he works and the hot and awful conditions he is doing this in. 
We both liked the same type of plants so buying them was pretty easy. We didn't really have a plan, we just had a rough estimate of how many. We really didn't even know for sure how we were going to lay them out.
We were going to plant two of something kind on each side of the bench, but neither Fred nor I wanted him to do anymore digging. I suggested planters with flowers. This is what we came up with. We will take them with us when we move. He'll remove the hanger....
This is a Lantana.
This is a smoke bush. We have a huge one in our front patio entrance. We love it.
I don't know what this is called, but it was so interesting. The colors in this picture aren't great plus most of the plants are not as vibrant as they were when we bought them. They have all wilted maybe just a bit.
Most of the bushes we bought blossom. This has an orange blossom.
Pink Blossom.
Here is the other little bush that was a vibrant red - almost blood red.
Snapdragons
This is a peach tree. It has sat in the pot for about five years. We will see if it continues to grow. Fred said it was more work than it was worth to get it planted. He doesn't do anything half way.
This is a fuji apple tree. Same story - sat in a pot for years.
This is a pretty bush that kept growing in the pot. All the branches are quite healthy, but it is so heavy that Fred is shoring it up so the root can catch up to support the bush.
Here is my hero. He works so hard on everything he does. He never does anything halfway. At times I wish he would, but the end result of his work is always beautiful.


Now on to the garage process. 

Fred's method for organizing is to pull everything out and spread it around. He made four categories. Throw away in the trash. Give Away. Sell in a Garage Sale and Take with us.
I don't know how he got through it all. I'm not sure if he really did. I'm just having faith.

 

No comments: