Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Iron Lady

Today I went to see this movie with Suzie & Lorraine. I am always amazed at Meryl Streep and the characters that she portrays. I was just thinking today that the movies I have seen her in (which I am sure are probably not many of her movies) she always plays a woman who is not very happy or is kind of extreme. As I sat there watching the movie, it made me want to go and get a book about Margaret Thatcher. I don't know anything about her (other than she was Prime Minister) or the events of her day. But then again as pointed out by a caring friend, I was busy raising children. So I appreciated that rationale. It is also amazing at what the movie industry can do to transform people into other people. Now I know what Meryl Streep will look like old. Also, it made me so grateful to be a citizen of the United States.



2 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

I'm not sure that's how Meryl Streep will look when she's old, it's what spectacular make-up artists did to her to look like an old Margaret Thatcher. [In the Academy Awards there's a category for makeup, and her artists in that movie are up for it.] Meryl is much prettier!

Gayle Daly said...

That's true - that was her old as Margaret Thatcher.