Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

November things

At the beginning of November a group of my friends got together to clean the kitchen at the church. This is the clean freezer.
This is the clean refrigerator. It was very therapeutic for me to toss old food.

It was actually pretty fun to get together and take care of a much needed service.

We got down to the nitty gritty of it.

The next time we got together we did something a little more fun.
We made pie bites. We had lots of cute cookie cutter shapes for the pie crusts. 

Lots of flavors...coconut cream, chocolate, pumpkin and white chocolate.

Chris was the head chef that night. Here she is with Rowena.

Here is Tina and Rowena cutting out the pie crusts.

We didn't have enough time to let the fillings set, so ours didn't turn
out as beautiful as these that were pictured on line. But it gives
you the idea.

Thanksgiving Day.

It was just Fred, my Dad and me for Thanksgiving.
Dad always carves the turkey and makes the gravy.
We get along pretty well together in the kitchen.

I always set the table with my Grandma Waldron's china & stemware.
My Dad sent home his paycheck while he was in the Navy to his mom so
she could purchase this china.
It makes me happy to be able to use it.


5 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy!! Thanks for sharing. It looks as if your holidays are off to a nice start.

cindy said...

Thank you so much for cleaning the kitchen, it is appreciated. That was the sweetest story about your dad sending home his paycheck so his mom could buy her china. What is he going to do when you move to Utah?

Gayle Daly said...

My dad will miss me, but he will continue on just as he has been doing. He is very busy all the time and very independent. We don't hardly see each other more than a drop in to pick something up ... if I'm doing good, I'll feed him, but unfortunately I'm not very good at being regular about that. I'm 99.9% sure that he will get invitations for holiday meals....he doesn't get into holidays much anyway. He just enjoys a good meal anytime.

KariMarie said...

Pat on the back for cleaning the kitchen! Why things like that haven't crossed my mind??? Glad it does others. Your treats look divine! Happy Eating Day!

Michael and Denise said...

The pie bites look delicious.