Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Changes of the month

I started my part time job on July 10th as a receptionist in the afternoon from 1-5 PM at Deseret Laboratories. I answer the phones and greet people who come for appointments. Also every employee permanent or temporary have to clock in and out at the reception desk when they arrive, go on breaks, go to lunch and leave for the day. So I see people a lot.

As of the 1st of August, I became the full time receptionist. So now I'm there 8-5 PM and there is a lot of down time as I do not have a lot of tasks to do. I think Heavenly Father knew I have been frustrated with myself that I don't use my time productively so now I have to. I am able to read at work so I have been reading church magazines and can take my I Pad so I have even more available to read. Basically I have about 4 hours a day outside of work for the rest of my life responsibilities. I have to plan meals and what I need to get done instead of sitting in front of the TV or wasting time on the computer. I have also told myself I will not complain about being "bored at work" to myself or anyone else. This is a gift of time that I can now do personal productive things. I think with time responsibilities will come to my position. I'm feeling confident that this is where the Lord has prepared me to be for working.

At least I have a nice view of the blue skies and greenery outside and the plants inside. An improvement from my view at Olympic High School.




These are a couple photos of our home around 8:30 PM. 

3 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

What a great attitude! Your house looks lovely in the evening. You seem to be doing very well. What's Fred up to??

cindy said...

You are so inspiring! Lorraine is right, you've got a great attitude. And your house looks beautiful.

cindy said...

Hey there! Isn't it your birthday today? August 27 is embedded in my brain as your birthday. Have a happy one!! :)