Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekend retirement and Yes, it's my birthday!

I wanted to share that Fred and I are adjusting to the joy, freedom and reality that we can actually see all of our children and grandchildren any weekend of the month.....if they will have us. I say weekend for two reasons...

1. I work full time
2. We were just called to be the webelos leaders. In case you wondered......I totally told our new bishop that I do not like little boys. He smiled. So all he knows about Fred and I is that and we have a daughter in Las Vegas and we have a son who was in scouting. That 20 minute appt. is the only amount of time we have had to visit with our bishop. We are very disappointed that we have not had the opportunity to have a get to know you as a new member of our ward appt.

Back to happier thoughts. We drove to Shannon's on Saturday after we had a surprise drop by from Scott and Cate. They were headed back to Provo from their California trip so we took them to Red Robin for lunch. We enjoyed our short visit hearing about their anniversary trip with Cate's brother's and their wives. Anyway, Shannon and Brian were asked to speak in sacrament meeting so we offered to come and sit with Little Buddy. We went to Panera for dinner.... Our family tradition that may ever end...we seem to always take our children out to eat. I asked Brian if he would make me his fabulous chocolate cake while we were there to celebrate my upcoming birthday.. Which he did. I brought some of it home and sliced it up in single servings and put them in the freezer. Tonight I served it up with cool whip and fresh strawberries....yummy!!! It is a chocolate bundt cake with sour cream and lots of chips etc. in it. Pretty yummy looking huh? Thank you Brian.


1 comment:

Lorraine Butler said...

You sound like you're continuing to adjust. Taking your kids out to eat is a great tradition; my parents still do that for us! We love it. Glad to hear your new bishop at least knows you exist and that you finally have some kind of calling. Doesn't life always give you opportunities for growth, whether you want them or not?!