Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Visiting Teaching St George style

I hope my words paint the perfect picture because I don't have a picture to post. Last night I was able to ride my new cruiser bike to visit one of the sisters on my visiting teaching route. As I cruised down the rode I thought to myself, well this is the life. I had a lovely visit with Carrie and she wished me safe travels home. I go outside (it's dark) and walk my bike to the street. Ready for mounting (I don't remember what way I was trying) and then down I went. Backward with the bike still somehow connected to me...slow motion again and landed on my lower back and somehow didn't hit my head. I lay there a moment realizing I was in big trouble as to how I was going to get my sorry big butt off the street. I reached over and pulled the kick stand down. I started to lean on the bike to get up and realized that wasn't going to work. I knew I'd fall the other direction. So I very lady like (NOT) rolled over to all fours and did a downward dog to get up. I was very thankful that it was dark and I'm 99.9 % sure no one saw me. As I peddled home I finally began to cry. Not because I was hurt, but so humiliated and disappointed that I can't even get on a bike and enjoy riding without falling down. The few times Fred and I have ridden around the neighborhood I could really sense my fear as I lack the feeling of coordination (you know leaning into a curve or turn) and almost freeze up with fear of falling.

Today my tailbone is so sore. Walking hurts and any movement from one position to another is bad. My neck is feeling like it would welcome a nice chiropractic crack! I haven't seen a chiropractor since we left Bremerton.

Happier news to come next.


3 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

That is so awful, Gayle! I'm so sorry. I hope you recover quickly. (((hugs)))

Kathleen Allison said...

Also...your new blog look is beautiful! I love it!!

cindy said...

Oh Gayle, you painted quite a vivid picture. I'm so sorry, but I'm glad you're okay---sort of. Sounds like you need a big hug.