Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Will it ever end?

Good News First. Shannon and Mima came and stayed Saturday evening through Sunday evening. I did hold Mima a couple times, but she is already kind of wiggly at 2 months so I didn't dare do much more. Shannon made us some yummy enchiladas. It was just so nice to sit and watch tv and talk. I love seeing Shannon so in love with her new baby. 

Now for the crummy news. Yesterday I did wake up feeling not so great. Lots of discomfort related to the catheter.....slowly cleared up and I felt better the rest of the day. Woke up this morning feeling the same way, but it didn't go away. By noon I called the doctor to report what was going on. They gave me a 3:30 appt this afternoon to have an ultrasound to see if my catheter was still doing it's job and to take a urine sample and a culture. 

I tidied myself up somewhat....pretty hideous to be truthful, but anymore I just don't care how I look. Got to the doctor's office and they are in the middle of remodeling. The waiting room was like a sweat box. I got in to see the doctor at almost 5 PM. There were times that I really thought I couldn't wait any longer. It was really miserable. 

The ultrasound showed that my catheter is just right and my bladder is emptying "beautifully". I do have a bladder infection so as we left the nurse had my chart in hand and was going to call my prescription in to Walmart. Got to Walmart and they had no record of the prescription. Fred comes out empty handed with a phone number for the Walmart across the valley. We call them on Fred's cell phone and they have no record. We didn't see my doctor, but one of his associates (a woman Doctor, who by the way I will be switching to) and weren't 100% sure what her name was. Miraculously I remembered the doctor's clinic main number. They gave the after hour number so I called it while Fred went back in again to see if they had found anything. The doctor called right back and said "just give the phone to the pharmacy and I place the order". I answered with "well my husband is in the store and I'm in the car with the only cell phone". She said she would call the pharmacy. Fred comes out and says they found it and it will take a half hour. We drive over to Pollo Loco to get food in the drive thru so we can eat while waiting for the prescription. Well the drive through was so slow. We decided to take the food home figuring the prescription would be ready by now. NO - it wasn't. We got home at 7:30 PM. 

Fred and I are dumbfounded right now with how complicated and hard everything seems to be for us lately. I can't wait to go to bed tonight and sleep. 

Tomorrow Tomorrow is only a day away.

4 comments:

Michael and Denise said...

I hope today goes much, much better. Waiting for doctors and prescriptions is so draining. Hope you are a much more restful and enjoyable day today.

Sara said...

Oh Gayle you have it so much worse than me! I'm so sorry you are going through this :( I hate Walmarts pharmacy! I would rather pay a little more a Walgreens than deal with them :/ I hope things get better and you heal quickly!!

cindy said...

Oh Gayle, that really REALLY sucks. Tomorrow is only a day away. Hope you're doing better.

KariMarie said...

Man, when it rains it pours. I'm so sorry! Do you own a punching bag? Times like this I'd wish we owned something of the sort, because it's better to take your stress out on a bag than the face of a pharmacist or telephone answerer or whomever jacked your prescription. Was your Pollo good though? Here's to another day!