Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A little customizing

The first six weeks when we moved here, Fred and I spent most of our time going to the stores buying stuff for the house. Things like waste baskets, shelves, little baskets, you know all the stuff that customizes your home to make it just right for you. Then I got a job and that all came to a screeching halt. 

It turned into the back yard project. PERIOD. I'll stop there.
Fast forward to today. 
We went shopping.
Nesting for me. Happy!

A Kitchen Drawer Organizer. HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
Here is the mirror that Fred put up in the bathroom so I can see the back of my hair. I have had to resort to hand mirrors for applying my makeup and seeing the back of my head to make sure my hair is just right. Back in Bremerton I had a handy dandy magnifying and lighted mirror on the wall for applying makeup, plucking my eyebrows and chin whiskers. Here I have a little magnifying mirror that I have to hold. Argh. I also had a BIG mirror on the wall behind the master bathroom vanity so I could style my hair that my Dad put in. Here I have had to hold a second hand mirror in one hand while styling with the other. Prehistoric around here. THANK YOU FRED!!!
Referring to an earlier post, this is what we do. We don't go do adventurous stuff. We shop, buy, fix the house and go out to eat. Ate a Taco Bell, went to a street Produce Market in Santa Clara where I bought a box of peaches, two cantaloupes, tomatoes, corn on the cob and fresh salsa. We also have a Starving Student card that expires on Monday so we bought a buy one get one Cookie. Well I choose one cookie and Fred bought three. It was a sugar cookie that was soft as a piece of cake with orange frosting. YUMMO!

That was our day. 




1 comment:

cindy said...

Sounds like a great life to me. I'm loving your new round mirror.