Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Family Pictures

When we knew everyone would be home for Christmas, I decided family pictures would be my first priority. Being in a new city and not knowing ward members who do photography well enough to ask, I went to google. I connected with Thumbtack. It's a site that you can type in your information. How much you want to pay, the dates, where you live, how far you will travel, what medium you want the photos to be made available and then Thumbtack sends it out to their "providers" and then you wait for someone to bid on your request. I received one response. I was fine with that. I looked at her website and liked what I saw and Haley was quick to respond to all my questions.
 
She asked if I wanted red rock or more green. I decided on red rock since we have a lifetime of green.
She mentioned a few of her favorite spots. Fred and I visited Dixie Rock on a Sunday afternoon and it was freezing. I began to be concerned about taking pictures outside overall. I decided to come off the mountainsides and into our Washington Fields and she said she would check on some spots.
 
The day of we connect to confirm our meeting place. Dixie Rock....hmmmm what happened to a closer place in the Washington Fields? I didn't say anything. I just went with it. Now I wish I would have said no I don't want to go up on the mountain where it will be cold. It wasn't really too cold, but it just means once she got my money, she quit making effort to follow through on my request for a new location.
 
Don't get me wrong. I am actually pleased with how our photos turned out...
EXCEPT they are washed out and many were out of focus.
 
After she would get us posed, she would click the camera and you could hear the camera clicking away automatically. We figure she must have gotten over 100 pictures of us.
She sent 30. Were we that terrible of subjects? I suppose with the number of people, it is hard to get everyone looking good at the same time. But the singles of Scott and Jess and Fred and I. Well, there were more than the single pose you see here. Part of me is kind of mad, but mostly I'm disappointed because this is it. I won't have my family back together for I don't know how long.

 Complain, complain, complain.
Kind of goes with the bumpy road we had over the holiday anyway.
Nothing is perfect. 
But doesn't everyone look so happy!
 Yes I think in this moment of time, we all were.


1 comment:

cindy said...

I'm glad you went with the red rocks, even though it wasn't your choice in the end. It shows exactly where you're living in this phase of life. That's really frustrating about your family photo of all of you being washed out in that one corner. I'm sure it can be fixed up, and she should have done that for you. Also, I'm sure she weeded out the pictures with somebody's eyes shut or looking down, etc. Its hard with such a big group. But---they're great, and you guys do all look happy. I mostly love the grandparents/grandkids picture. That's the best!