Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Another weekend come and gone

Since we moved here to Utah, one of the biggest inconveniences to adjust to has been how far away and how long it takes to get to the nearest grocery store. We used to live .7 miles away from Safeway. If you needed milk or bread for the next day, you just popped in your car and went. Here Super Walmart is the closest grocery store at 5.8 miles. Doesn't sound that far, but it's like 15 minutes to drive there. You only go when you need to. 

Two years and nine months later, a new Lins Market opens up.
3.2 miles away - about 8 minutes to get there.

Added Bonus: Dairy Queen is inside.

So happy about this new store. I'm totally transferring my prescriptions here also.
Hate Walmart's pharmacy. Hate the crowds of people and the overall feeling of the store.
I won't miss buying groceries there and hopefully not picking up prescriptions there.
I may still have to go to get other things, but it will not be on a regular basis. 

Lins's Market grand opening is today. Fred got to go and buy fun stuff and get free stuff.
 Saturday night we went to a concert at Tuachan outdoor theatre.
It was advertised as BYU Vocal Point (men's group), but we got two for one.
BYU Noteworthy (women's group) also performed.
These are two a cappella groups.
I took our token selfie. I don't know why I always feel kind of embarrassed to do this.
People right in front of us were taking a selfie. I need to get over it. Maybe then I could get a better picture.



This picture actually isn't the current guys. But it gives you the idea of how many.
I thought the girl who does the beatboxing was better than the guy.
Just sayin....but she did come across as a little butch and not as lady like or feminine as the other girls. Maybe that comes with the type of "music" she is performing??
You have probably seen the video clip on Facebook of Amazing Grace that they perform.
If you haven't, here is a link.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amazing+grace+noteworthy

On Sunday all the wards in Utah did not hold their regular block of meetings.
Salt Lake broadcast the Provo City Center Temple dedication.
What's with the special treatment in Utah? Why not broadcast it church wide?

1 comment:

cindy said...

The other day, I just drove by your old house (well, Pine Rd) on my way to Safeway. I actually thought of how convenient it must have been for you to live so close! I'm happy there's a new store closer to you now. Its a pain to have to make a "trip" to go pick up groceries. Thanks also for putting the link on for Noteworthy. I love their song, and Keith would keep telling me to watch their video ("with the white dresses in the Provo River). Now I finally have watched it! Fun weekend!