Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Zions National Park for Mother's Day

Fred and I drove up to the Springdale entrance to Zions National Park on Saturday.
The first thing we did once we got there was eat lunch.
This isn't a very good picture because it's off the internet. 
Oscar's Cafe. So so good! That's all I can say.
We ate on the patio and it was a little nippy, but they do have heaters hanging from the ceiling. 
We left our car parked here and hopped on the shuttle. 
Took the town shuttle to the shuttle that goes into Zions.
It was cloudy and did rain a little. Most all of my pictures are taken from inside the shuttle.
We have photo contest ongoing at work. I won February of 2015 with a picture from Kolob.
So I was trying to get another one to enter.
There tends to be lots of photos that look like these. The criteria for the contest is scenes and nature from Southern Utah. So you can understand why there are lots of photos of the mountains. 


 The shuttle driver stopped so we could watch these three deer. All three of the pictures I took had the flash reflecting in them. I was bummed.


 Here is our selfie on the shuttle.
 You can get off at any stop and walk/hike the trails. We only got off once. I was carrying my purse.
Lame.
 The shuttle in town and in Zion is free.
Getting in for two of us with no pass was $30.
If you go in with a group, it's still only $30.

Here is Fred taking a picture of me taking his picture.


 We stopped here for ice cream on the way home. 
Now that is some gift shop in there.
They make their own ice cream. It was good.
 We think this will be a good stop with grand kids. 
 Almost back home and we saw this cloud formation. Fred said it looked like an atomic bomb and I thought it looked like a mushroom. It's pretty either way.
It was a very nice day. I haven't wanted to drive to Zions since we moved here because I didn't want to spend my Saturday driving anywhere since I sit at my job all week. I've finally gotten over that. 
I'm glad we went.

1 comment:

cindy said...

These are gorgeous! Hope you win the photo contest again, you certainly have some beautiful shots. And I agree with Fred (and you) about the mushroom cloud. Great capture! Hope you had a lovely mother's day.