Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Centennial Thanksgiving

 This is what was waiting for me when I got in the car at the airport. She saved me my reserved seat. I loved my spot every time I got in the car to go some place. 
I thought I would give her cute hat a try.  
 Grandpa and Blake always hang out in the back. I'm so glad that Fred is so agile. No thanks for me getting back there. 
 Mima is so funny. I think she has extra feelers (sensors) in her nose. She likes to take little pieces of kleenex and tickle her nose with them. That's what she is doing in this picture. She isn't picking her nose. Kind of like Corinne did with the satin edge of her baby blanket when she was little. 
 Brian prepared our Thanksgiving meal for us. Everything was mighty delicious. Shannon and Brian also invited a couple who recently moved nearby that they knew from their Las Vegas ward. They had two little girls. It was a very nice time with them. 
 On Friday we headed out to a Dinosaur Museum. They also had some snakes and other icky things on display.


 Apparently my hair do has inspired Buddy to want to grow his hair out and wear it the same way. 
 After the museum, we headed out to one of the parks that Brian's company has built. 
 Always good for some swinging.
On Saturday we headed out to a Christmas Festival for some pony rides and a little train ride.
The kids were pretty excited for their first pony ride.

 For the train ride the kids had picked Grandpa and me to ride with them. We assumed adults ride for free so we didn't have a ticket for us. Well nope - we needed a ticket so when we got to the front of the line - no ticket - no ride. Luckily the kids didn't really hesitate getting on by themselves. 
On Sunday Shannon spoke in Sacrament meeting and taught in Relief Society. 
I don't worry about her. She knows what is what. She is pretty amazing!

 Monday and Tuesday Shannon and Brian went back to work so Fred and I had grandma and grandpa duty. Buddy had preschool in the morning so Fred took Blake to preschool and Shannon to work. Then picked Buddy up from preschool and Shannon up from work. 

This is Mima in their bounce house. Their new home has an unfinished basement. It is insulated with a finished floor so it is the perfect play place. Mima's hair gets so full of static electricity. This pictures doesn't do it justice.
They ride their ride on toys down here. It a great space for them.
 Shannon bought the kids gingerbread houses to decorate.
One morning they helped make pancakes.
 This is Mima's Carmen San Diego hat that she loves to wear. It is so cute!
We got to experience Mod Pizza. It's basically a Cafe Rio, but for pizza. You pay for the flat bread size you want and then pick your toppings. They have an oven set at 750 degrees that bakes your pizza in about 5 minutes. It was pretty scrumptious. 
 These were my going away selfies with the kids. 

It was really a wonderful visit. Shannon and Brian's new home is perfect for them and will fits all their needs and is big enough for us to visit!!! Until next time  ~ ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

cindy said...

What a fun time! Mima is a doll!