Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Monday Spring Break

On Monday, Corinne and her family got over to the house around 11:00 am.
The kids were all playing and being busy while Shannon and Brian were packing up to go to Las Vegas. They had a super offer on a 2 night stay, a free show and buffet. They also wanted to catch up with friends and stop in the offices that they used to work at. 
Fred and I were officially in charge of their two for the next couple of days.

After they left, we fed everyone. Well Mima wasn't in the mood to eat. Being a grandma, I said that's okay. I'm not going to push anyone, related or not. 

After lunch was cleaned up and I asked if anyone wanted cake and ice cream.
YES from everyone including Mima. I said sure. 

I'll never forget when Shannon went to a birthday party when she was probably six. They served hot dogs for lunch. Well Shannon doesn't like hot dogs so she didn't eat. When it came time for ice cream and cake, she didn't get any because she hadn't eaten her lunch. 
That did not sit well with me. I'm sorry, but it's a party, they are children. Get over yourself. 

Anyway - after eating we headed to the Community Center to go swimming.
The three older boys were self sufficient.
Ben went with Henry and Fred and I were in charge of Buddy and Mima.
Corinne came and watched. She did take a few pictures. I'm not sure why we did not take any pictures today. That's bad!

After swimming, we came back to the house and just hung around. 
I think I made spaghetti. The swimming wore everyone out so our two charges went to bed without any resistance.

I definitely need a new bathing suit.
 We have Buddy and I think that is Spencer & Garrett with Grandpa.


No comments: