Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sunday Spring Break

Sunday I took Ben and Brian with me to choir practice. 
We desperately needed help in our tenor section.
Ben and Brian both have really good voices.
Our musical number was gorgeous. 

Shannon walked to church with her kids
We only stayed for sacrament meeting because this was the only full day we had all together.

 We had a taco bar for lunch. It was a hit.
 As you can see we spread out. 

 While I cleaned up, everyone played games.
 I really wanted to make homemade sugar cookies for the kids to decorate, but I just didn't have the time. I bought some sugar cookies from the store, but I did make homemade frosting. I bought four bottles of sprinkles. Everyone had three cookies and their own bowl of frosting.  
 Blake made a triple cookie sandwich.
 Everyone had their own method.
 Henry did a really nice job. He is very careful.  
 My homemade cookies would have tasted better. Oh well. They liked the frosting best anyway.
 Fred had been saving up these HUGE boxes from work. 
Making forts was a hit.
 Everyone was a part of the action.
 How cute are these little pack of cousins?
 I think we have some grandpa engineering genes among the grandchildren.
 These two supervised from the swing. 
 The kids also liked our lawn golf set.
 All the kids got along really well. 



 There is always a few kids in our bedroom playing with legos, watching a video or playing with a race car set. I don't remember specifically what we did the rest of the evening. We are creatures of habit in our family. We like to be together and pretty much stay close to home. The kids are always happy to play with the toys and games we have here and we adults either watch them, play along or sit and visit. We don't require much for entertainment. We just enjoy being together. 

No comments: