Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

Not much going on since Christmas

Life has been pretty quiet since the holidays.
Our ward split the first Sunday of January.
The neighborhoods that make up the new Sugar Plum ward is where my best friends live.
We gained about 70 new families. So I have people to meet and friends to make.
I was asked to lead the music in Sacrament meeting during January.
They finally called my neighbor Sharon to be the music chairman.
She will be working on callings. At least I am still choir pianist. I don't want to give that up.

I had an at home sleep study for my CPap business. 
I was hoping that with my significant weight loss, I wouldn't need to continue on with the machine.
My numbers are so close to normal, that the PA said I can experiement with not using it.
I haven't started that yet. 

Oh the grandest news of all is I've found a sleep rememedy.
Pistachios. NO kidding.
I eat a big handful of them and two stalks of celery before bed and by golly
I'M SLEEPING SO GOOD.

Fred and I have left the Sugar Plum Empty Nest FHE and gone back to the Treasure Valley FHE.
So far the meetings have been boring.
A beehive keeper and a senior missionary couple telling us how wonderful 
it is to serve a senior mission.
It's not a hard sale. We plan to serve some type of mission.
I read a book on my phone while they talked. They weren't exactly riveting. 

Fred and I finally went on the journey to Cedar City to go to the Temple.
Every time we go to any temple, I get home sick for the Seattle Temple.
It's probably because we went there for over 30 years and it's just what we are used to.
Everytime we attend the temple now, it just feels strange and not right.
 I took my wedding ring into the jeweler to have the prongs fixed.
He recommended replacing the "head" including white gold prongs instead of gold.
He said it would be more sparkly. The head would last longer than new prongs. 
The diamonds all set higher now and I believe it does look more sparkly.
 We have our new refrigerator and it's keen.
We're very happy with it.
 We finally decided to go back to glass glasses instead of acyrilic.
My neighbor Sharon told us what rinsing agent she uses in her dishwasher and sure enough,
when I tried it there was no more waterspots. 
Tomorrow we head to Disneyland to meet up with Scott & Jess and the boys.
I'm so happy they invited us. I hope we all have a grand time!

No comments: