Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2020

So I've been sick

I noticed a day or two after we returned from Disneyland, that my throat hurt a little.
Mostly during the night and in the morning. 
Then it would feel okay during the day.
The next thing that showed up was goop in my eyes when I woke up.
Perfect timing for this to show up because I already had a doctor's appointment set up
on Wednesday. So the culprit was PINK EYE.
Never had it before.
I messed up on the eye drops because I thought she said one drop a day.
So on Friday when I was picking up other prescription refills, I checked with the pharmasist 
who then checked it on line and said one drop every 4 hours.
So I got right on that. It was kind of too late because Saturday my eyeball actually
hurt to move side to side and I felt overall kind of sick.
I got to feeling so bad that we called the 24 hour nurse from our insurance company.
She said to give it 48 hours from the time I started the full dose.
I stayed home from church because I still felt puny.
By Monday I was doing good so I went to work.
I still had this nagging little sore throat. That once I paid attention to it, it hurt all day.
Worse at night and the morning. I kept waiting for it to get better.
By the following Monday, I woke up to goop in my eyes again and this sore throat.
Luckily again, I had my annual physical scheduled for Wednesday and decided I'd let 
my doctor check me out then. On Wednesday morning I woke up 
and my ear hurt so I didn't go to work..
A Perfect Storm. On the right day.
I had fluid in my right ear, eyes goopy and sore throat.
She named something that it was called, but basically I had some bacterial infection.
So antibiotics. BAM.
Stayed home all day Wednesday and Thursday morning. I would have stayed home all day Thursday, but two of my co-workers who cover the phones the last 1/2 of the day after I leave work,
 had appointments. I knew they needed me to cover for them. 
Thursday morning I slept until 9 am. Not straight through the night, of course.
I started in the bed, then around 2:30 am went to the recliner in the livingroom.
Then back to bed around 7:30 am. 
I love that feeling when you know you are getting a luxury sleep in.
So I'm hopeful I am finally going to kick this annoying sore throat and be back to my regular self.

So in the middle of all this sickness, I did go to the Women's Expo here with my friend Jan.
I stopped at a bra booth. I learned a lot about bras from Macy's in Bremerton.
That was the first time I had ever been measured. For years I was buying 36A.
Always thought I was flat so couldn't possibly need a bigger cup.
So about 10 years ago the gal came up with 40C or 38D.
I was shocked and kind of proud of myself.
Anyway, I had this girl measure me. I'm at about the same weight as when I was measured years ago.
She said 36D. Hmmm. I was happy with that. Felt like an improvement.
She asked me to put these stickers on where my nipples were.
Then she said to put on one of her bras.
This is the before and after.
I kind of loved the improvement.
The bras are about $70 each. I never pay that much.
I decided to buy one and have a party so I could hopefully earn two items at 1/2 off.
Then I'll buy me more. 
There was an artist at the Expo that makes these dimensional pieces from old books.
This was about 25"x25".
She can make any theme you want.
I was thinking of this for Jess & Scott's Disney Room they want to create.
Here are some pictures of my grandkids over the last couple of weeks.
Clara is on the move now.
 Graham is following the example of his older brother and water/puddles now.
 Biking Buddies.
 They are just too cute!!
Little M and her Valentine's Day Party.
Valentine Heart Hair.
 Blake no comment.

No comments: