Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Final Garage Sale

We held what I hope and believe to be our LAST garage sale.
As expected, there was a lot of time in preparation for the big day.
We got up at 5am so we could get everything set up.
I think we set it up really nice. 
Grouped things by category and tried to put everything out in good visibility.

The only Princess House pieces that didn't sell were the hurricane candle holders.
I haven't used any of it in years!!!
Games and toys. Most of that sold too.
We placed things in aisles so people could walk through.
No more room for silk plants. The majority of our wall decor was sold also. I'm only hanging pictures that are sentimental to me. Like our family!
Extra pot and pans, luggage, camping gear - so much stuff.
My Dad had notebooks with 100 plastic sheets filled with letters. 
I thought those were a good deal for someone to pick up.
Fred sold his bicycle that he got when he was about 15 years old. We will look for a cruiser style bicycle to buy him when we get moved.
We had quite a bit of electronics. Most of that sold. 
I won't be displaying my collection of water pitchers anymore.  I want our new place to be clutter free.
A lady bought that quiet book I made when Corinne was a baby. Our duplos that our kids played with. 
Fred had so many packages of unused tools. I think all his tools sold.
Multiples of so many things. 
Gas grill sold. All that fencing and chicken wire sold. 
We sold the majority of stuff within the first hour and a half. It was slow after that. 

 These are pictures after we rearranged the remaining items.




A large portion of the items went to about three different people. One couple came back to pick up the grill and then bought the security camera system of Fred's. It was amazing to watch the people as they shopped. 

Our day was successful. We had to take two loads to DI and one load to Habitat of Humanity. Done. 

Now our house looks kind of sad inside, but that was the goal.

No comments: