Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Outings and fun hobbies

It was a very long process, but we finally got a hitch put on the Subaru so we can haul our e bikes around. They are heavy so we had to buy a heavy duty bike carrier which required a hitch. 
We took the car and bikes for a test drive out on the road to see if the ride was still good.
It passed. Now we need to plan a road trip and use all this new stuff.
My bike is the green one - they call that color celeste, Fred's is the white one. 
I think these were the only two colors in the type of e bike we wanted. 
I don't remember what day this was, but we had a double rainbow one afternoon. 
I don't think I've seen that before. The picture doesn't do it justice.
We went along with the family to a NASCAR race. It was really a good time. It was hot though, but luckily there was shade over the bleachers. Noisy, but a very good time.
I should have taken a picture of the funnel cake that Brian bought for us.
It was soooo good!

The other morning while I was upstairs for my morning check in, M asked me if I would help her make a cake. She has a cute little baking set with this mold. I was surprised how cute it was. I filled it too deep so had to slice off the top. I ate some of that and it was delicious! 
It was a fun project to do together. 
While Fred was away in California meeting his new aunt and cousins and Brian and B were on a hike, we girls went to lunch and a movie. Shannon had an appt after the movie so I offered to take M with me and we seemed to end up at Cold Stone. We both ordered new flavors and they were delicious!
One morning Shannon was telling me about M still sleeping with baby blankets at night. M sleeps in shorts and a short sleeve pajama set at night all year long. She actually doesn't seem to need the warmth, but Shannon was thinking it was time to get her a bigger size blanket. I offered to make her a quilt. First I went to the fabric store not really knowing what I was going to make. I just guessed and picked out three different fabrics and some fleece. I looked on U Tube for block ideas and found this. I decided not to put batting in it. Figured the fleece would make it warm enough and make the project easier for me. I didn't buy enough fabric so I found one remnant in my stash for the blocks. I was going to surprise M with the quilt, but she came downstairs while I was trying to lay it out in some kind of pattern. I asked her if she wanted to lay it out and she took right to it. Relieved my stressing about it. Then I still needed more fabric so we went through Shannon's stash. Marissa picked out this striped flannel. Anyway - I got through it well enough and this is the end result. It is pretty for sure. 
I think she is liked being a part of the process very much. Now I'm going to sew a dress for Clara.
 I do like sewing! I need to come up with more projects.


 

No comments: