Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm a bit traumatized

My experience today was actually pretty funny. Right after it happened I just laughed, but now I feel a bit troubled. Here it is:

At the high school they are installing new toilets. Today I went into the bathroom and one of the two stalls was taped with the door open. I went to the next stall and didn't see any sign or indication that it was not open for use. I put the nice little paper cover on and sat down to tinkle. Well "crack". I got up and looked and the porcelein had actually cracked. I thought, well it should still be able to flush because I was hoping I could at least avoid the added embarrassment of leaving my pee...... so I flushed the toilet and water spurted out from the base of the pipe and soaked the floor and me head to toe. Luckily it only sprayed about 2-3 seconds. I wiped myself off with paper towels just laughing and went to the main office to report that I broke the new toilet. I did have to laugh because what was my option. I gathered everyone in the Counseling office so I only had to tell the story only one more time. After everyone enjoyed the laugh, I packed my stuff and came home and took a shower. How would you feel?

2 comments:

cindy said...

Gayle, that is SO funny, and I love that you have such a good attitude. Thanks for sharing that laughter is sometimes the best option!

benandcorinne said...

You published this? Ha!