Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

On the road again

Not that I travel a lot, but we are hitting the airways today. Scott is staying behind to continue his money earnings at the shipyard while he awaits his wedding day. Fred will end up in St.George for a Daly Family reunion. I will be staying with Shannon and Brian in Las Vegas. Originally I was going to the reunion, but then Shannon's invitro procedure was going to have her on bed rest that same weekend so I wanted to stay and help her. Now her invitro procedure has been postponed, but she is still not feeling well. On Monday the doctor harvested 53 eggs and 48 survived the transfer. That is an outrageous amount of eggs. Usually it's around 10. Shannon's eggs were not as big as they should have been on the expected date so they upped her meds to help them grow larger. Well instead of growing larger, she grew more. Anyway - she is experiencing the after affects of too much egg production. Doctors would like her to stay at home and take it easy. So I'm still going to stay with her. She really wants to go back to work as her work load is huge right now. She may feel well enough to go to work tomorrow (Friday) so I am taking fabric and a pattern to sew a dress that I MIGHT wear for the wedding. I haven't sewn anything for myself since Shannon was married in 2004. BIG body changes since then....so I'm not sure if this sewing project is going to be successful.

2 comments:

cindy said...

Good luck to Shannon, she's lucky to have you there with her.

And Gayle, of course your sewing project will be successful, you always look perfect with whatever you wear.

cindy said...

Gayle, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, we've been gone on vacation.

I rented the tent, chairs, linens, and everything from Perfect Partys in Port Orchard. I was really happy with them. Sue Frandsen is also renting from them for Ashley's wedding. Let me know if you have any more questions.