Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Blessings related to food

In this photo are stemware and china given to me by my Grandma Waldron. The china was purchased for her by my Dad while he was in the Navy. He would send home his money for her to purchase this china. The pattern is called Roberta. The stemware is also from my Grandma Waldron.

The pitcher belonged to my Grandma Ensign who is my Mother's mom. Grandma Ensign died at age 27 of consumption. My mom was about two years old when her mother died. It is always a joy for me to set my holiday and special occasion dinner table with these pieces because I feel honored to have them.


The flowers in the background were given to me yesterday by two sweet sisters that were dinner guests for Easter Dinner.



Now for more explanation. One of the sisters began to explain why she was pushing aside the noodles in the manicotti (yes not a traditional Easter feast) and also the red and orange peppers in the green salad - she has food allergies. I don't have any allergy to any food....other than the bloating up of fat on my body, but that is another subject. Though secretly I wish for allergies so I would be forced to stop eating certain foods that contribute to my soft body makeup....I also felt such gratitude that I don't have allergies. Many people really have to work at food preparation and awareness of what is in the food we eat. Wow am I thankful that I am blessed to eat freely of all the wonderful food we enjoy in this life on the earth. Of course, I honestly am mindful of my food selections each day and have a lot of work in front of me to continue to try and change bad eating habits or cut back on them, but what a blessing I have to be healthy in all other ways.



Yes I'm a bit whacked when it comes to my emotional keel, but all the things I feel I struggle with are manageable. I have been blessed with good health and a mind that I can use for good to learn more and make better choices with.



2 comments:

benandcorinne said...

So whose china do I have? The blue and white set?

Gayle Daly said...

Corinne, you have mine and Dad's set we bought.