Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

New home's color scheme

This is my future kitchen. The door is my kitchen pantry. The hallway leads to "my thinking spot".This is the storage closet in the hallway. This closet faces the wall to the kitchen.This angle is looking to the great room from hallway in the 1st picture.



This is the great room and that is the front entrance hallway to the left and the opening to where the master bedroom & laundry room is on the right.



This photo is the best representation of the colors. Whenever I am sitting in the sealing room at the temple, I admire the warm yellow color of the walls. I tell myself, that is the color I want in my home. When my brother in law asked what color we were going to paint our new house, I told him I wanted a soft yellow...he hesitantly responded that it was not a good resale color. I kept my ground and explained to the home designer that I wanted something soft and yellow. She actually came up with this paint chip....I didn't really see the yellow in it, but said okay. This is actually just the tone I wanted. We did not choose tile for flooring because we LOVE vinyl. So this is my fake tile vinyl. I am pretty happy with these few photos from Fred's sister.

3 comments:

Michael and Denise said...

I like the soft yellow. Our house is bright yellow, and everyone is initially in shock, but then likes it. I'm glad the yellow is just what you wanted. It's so exciting to see the progress on your house.

KariMarie said...

I think it looks fab! That's great that your sis in law can keep you updated, I bet you are super stoked!

cindy said...

I'm loving the colors. I love the flooring too, you could have fooled me, I thought it was tile. But I agree with you, I'm a fan of vinyl.