Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference weekend

I tried a new recipe for our Conference morning breakfast Bacon-and-Egg Muffins.
step one: cut four pieces of bacon into thirds. Save bacon grease for eggs and for greasing the muffin tin.Soft scramble three eggs.




Mix cornmeal, eggs, oil, cheddar cheese, sugar, flour mixture in a bowl.




Bacon grease up that tin.




Pour in the batter & top with a piece of bacon. Your breakfast sir. Absolutely need to serve it with a little puddle of syrup! It was pretty yummy!




Then after breakfast it was Conference watching time.








Ever since we have had the ability to watch conference at home, I have THE worst time staying awake. This time I had a couple projects to work on while sitting in front of the TV. It really helped.

My first project was organizing our DVD collection. We have taken our DVDs out of the cases and put them in holders. I finished that long ago, but I went back and pulled out the covers and cut them to fit inside the DVD sleeve. Alphabetized and all. That lasted through both sessions on Saturday.

Today I organized photos. Since we started using digital pictures we no longer print them to put in photo albums. What a BLESSING. I was the one who had that job and I did hate it because Fred wanted dates & descriptions. I did pretty good at doing that and now I am very thankful that I did. Well over the years we have pulled out pictures for different events, received pictures that we hung up places or put in pocket size holders. I gathered them all together, organized them by child, grandchild and put them in the best chronological date I could figure and put them in photo albums. To be honest the last three albums are not exact chronological. I resorted to just putting pictures in the books to get them put somewhere. BUT it feels great.

I enjoyed looking at old pictures. It made me realize how much we enjoyed our children and that we were able to provide a positive environment for our children to grow up in and that we all really did enjoy being together. We were not perfect at FHE or scripture study, but we did eat dinner together every day and had good family time doing things. Our children were able to gain a testimony and study the scriptures on their own. They are examples to Fred and I. We are grateful that we at least were able to lay the ground work of providing a home where the Spirit was present.

3 comments:

KariMarie said...

Fabulous Conference breakfast, looks good! And I am with you, I need to have a small project or two to help keep me in tune with the TV. :) It works and I actually remember what was being taught.

cindy said...

I'm doing the same thing with our dvd collection. I was really good at putting all the (music) cd's in folders, but then when it came to the movies, it was the covers that stalled me. Now why didn't I ever think of cutting the covers so they'd fit??? I think you were inspired to share that just so I could finish my project! :)

Mmm, your breakfast sounds great! Can you share the recipe?

Lorraine Butler said...

Yes, the exact recipe would be wonderful. And I'm with you on having projects for keeping awake during conference. I was crocheting. ;)