Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I forgot to blog about my birthday


I'm 55 -
The events of my actual birthday celebrations were inspired by the events of this photo.
You ask how?
 On Sunday a friend suggested we get a group together to go out to eat for my birthday. I said that sounds great and I started "inviting" people to dinner the next day. I told Fred what was going on and he said "well then I guess we aren't doing anything?".....I said "oh"..... thinking that I have been to Las Vegas twice, Ross Lake, always spending money somewhere AND we go out to dinner all the time so what's the big deal about going out to eat one more time?" Well then I felt bad....and I think he did too. SO I changed the girl's night out to Tuesday.

This is when my story gets good. I called Fred on Monday morning at work and said "It's my birthday and I get whatever I want. I want to ride the ferris wheel in Seattle today". Fred said okay and arranged to take time off work.
 Here we are approaching the waterfront.
 Ferris Wheel - $13 per adult - maybe 10 minutes in line. Five revolutions. Total time 35 minutes.

 Here's my Fred. I love him.
 We weren't sure what to expect for waiting in line etc.... so we grabbed Ivars on the waterfront. These were our dinner companions. Very Very Noisy. They can sure catch fries mid air!
 Jumbo Prawns for me!
 This is looking up at the ferris wheel. It's white and shiny!

 The gondola holds six people. We were with a young couple from UW on a date and a guy all by himself ?....
 This is a photo of the umbrellas at the restaurant below.
 Water/ferry view.
 Bremerton out there somewhere....
The end.

5 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

So cool! Is the ferris wheel a permanent fixture? Love the pics from up high. Glad you had a great birthday!!

Gayle Daly said...

Oh Yeah - permanent tourist attraction.

cindy said...

What a fun, spontaneous day! Fred is such a sweetheart to you!

KariMarie said...

Fantabulous birthday! Isn't it awesome to do what you want on your big day?! Thanks for sharing with us. Great photos!

benandcorinne said...

Glad you took such initiative Mom! Sounds like it was super fun. Thanks Dad!