Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sirloin and Cremini Teriyaki


Not the greatest picture because it's from the magazine.....but I made this new recipe tonight. I looked up cremini in the dictionary (1999 edition) and could not find that word....it is the second time in the last couple of weeks that a new recipe has called for a cremini mushroom. I bought fresh mushrooms the last time and this time I used canned because I forgot to buy fresh.

Anyway - this is good. Fred liked it, but he weeds out the onions. He likes the smell and taste of onions, but they do not always agree with his little tummy.

7 oz stir-fry rice noodles
2 T vegetable oil
2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut against the grain into 1/4 inch slices
1/4 tsp salt
2 red oinion, sliced (I only used one)
2 sweet peppers, cored, seeded and sliced (I used red peppers)
8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced (I used garlic from the jar)
1 T cornstarch
1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup sesame teriyaki sauce
2 T rice vinegar

1. Place noodles in a bowl. Boil 8 cups water in a large nonstick skillet and pour over noodles. Soak 10 minutes and drain.
2. Heat 1 T of the oil in same skillet. Season beef with salt and saute' 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate. Add remaining 1 T oil. Add onions, peppers, mushroom and garlic; stir-fry for 8 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch and broth; add to skillet and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in beef, noodles, teriayki sauce and vinegar; simmer for 1 minute until heated through.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Thanks for always sharing good recipes. I always want to try using rice noodles, but I'm never sure what to do with them. This looks delicious!