Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Pops

Fred bought discount tickets for the Seattle Symphony from Costco a while back. I found the Holiday Pops performance and the music on the program sounded inviting. I don't enjoy listening even the best musicians if they don't perform pieces that are familar.

Sleigh Ride , What Child Is This?, Winter Wonderland, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Christmas Song / Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, Joy to the World, The Night Before Christmas,  Carol of the Bells, We Need a Little Christmas, White Christmas, Let It Snow, O Holy Night, and then a sing along Deck the Halls , O Christmas Tree , Jingle Bells & We Wish You a Merry Christmas.



 No photography allowed during the performance, of course, so I took a few pictures just to give you an idea of our view. I had to wear my glasses down on my nose so I could see out of the top. We sat at the highest level. The sound was amazing.
 The Northwest Boys Choir apprentices sang. I would say these boys were aged 7 to 12 or so. Heavenly voices. There was also Christiane Noll & Doug LaBrecque were guest soloist. His voice was heavenly and he was a wonderful entertainer....she not so much.
 I would recommend you to attend if you had the opportunity. I hope Fred and I will do more things like this. Seemed a perfect empty nest kind of evening for us.

3 comments:

cindy said...

You two romantics, thanks for sharing your date nights. That really looks like a fun thing to do, especially with all my favorite Christmas songs being performed. One day we'll have to go do that (at Christmas time, of course.)

Gayle Daly said...

I'm blushing that you think we are romantics! We do go through the motions of at least trying. I think Luke would especially enjoy this performance. It was very entertaining and light hearted!
The male vocalist did a little acting etc...

KariMarie said...

Dave and I love to do this every holiday season. We usually hit up Handels Messiah or Beethoven's Ninth. But this year we decided to do the Benefit Concert I blogged about and taking the kids to a play their friend is in. And I am right there with you, sometimes it is hard to listen to music when you don't know the songs.