Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Retirement for me

Olympic High School staff always celebrates retirees and staff leaving at the end of the year. Yesterday was that celebration. The theme was "Leaving the Oly Nest". 
Each little chick represented one of us. I'm the yellow chick with what was supposed to be spiked hair, but she made a mohawk. Isn't this the cutest cake?

These are the retirees. The school nurse Helen Richardson, Administrative Secretary Nancy Allen, our principal Bob Barnes, Me & Bev Hurd one of our PE teachers. I knew my pose was going to be bad, but I decided it wasn't about how I looked, but the capture of the moment.

 I'm also retiring from making Fred a lunch everything single work night. I have hated it, but dutifully have performed this labor because I love Fred and it is one way I have been able to support him going to work each day. There have been lots of love notes over the years. I really have not forgotten very many times. I can say less than 10. He probably made a few lunches when I came home with a new baby....oh and when I would go on trips without him. Another pitiful pose.


Then the top off the night of retirement celebrations....We were sitting in front of the tv for a little bit and I decided to go to bed. Fred said "Wait I have something for you". He brings this big wrapped gift to me. "What the heck" I'm thinking. I open it and this is what it is.


At first I just see this bag.... and then I see the plaque he had made.


This is just about the sweetest thing Fred has ever done for me. All my years of complaining. It wasn't really complaining most of the time, but sarcastic comments like "Oh I get to make your lunch", "I hate making your lunch", "Your so lucky I make your lunch".....but I did hate it pretty much.

One more time may I say "I LOVE FRED!" 
and even more important is he loves me. :)

4 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

I love the cake and the tribute to your lunch making is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It just might be the most thoughtful gift I have ever seen.

benandcorinne said...

Love the cake and LOVE the framed artwork by Dad!!!!

cindy said...

That Fred! Not only is that such a sweet, appreciative gift, I love that it shows how much advance thought and planning went into it. Awwww!!! And that IS the cutest cake ever! I can't believe Bob Barnes is retiring too. You will be missed at Oly. Thank you for all the help you gave our kids when they were applying for college. You are loved!!!! You will be missed greatly!

cindy said...

PS . . . congratulations on your retirement!! :)