Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

I got a job

I found a part time job. I applied on line at Express Professionals and they called me a couple days later and invited me in for an interview. They place a lot of temporary employees at Deseret Laboratories, Inc. here in Washington. It is a is a full service Private Label and custom manufacturer of Rx, OTC, and nutraceutical intermediate and finished products. Focusing on direct sourcing of ingredients, which allows the highest quality of product as well as very competitive pricing. The company provides approximately 120,000 square feet from which to deliver agglomeration, instatization, blending, tableting, hard shell encapsulation coating and packaging to it's valued customers. (I copied that from their website).

The company is in a big building and I'm that person who sits at the information counter when you walk in. I answer phones, greet everyone, sort and deliver mail. I like that it is part time. Monday thru Friday from 1-5. It's about a 10 minutes drive. I've been told by Express and the woman I'm replacing that after a few months, the company should hire me on permanently. Of course, I could do a really crappy job and they not like me and they won't hire me, but I would hope I do a good job and they want to hire me permanently even though I really didn't want to find a job for about six months. I wanted to spend lots of time setting up the house and enjoying my family nearby. But I was trying really hard to get my name out there on job sites etc. so it didn't seem right to turn it down. I am still hopeful that at some point I'll make my way into the school district here. I'm so spoiled with the job I've had the last 10 years. I knew I would miss it.

Maybe this part time job will get me my own car sooner. We actually are getting along with one car, but I miss the independence of my own car.... MY OWN CAR!

:)

5 comments:

cindy said...

Gayle! Congratulations on your new job! You're really settling in to your new life and location. I tried commenting on your other post last week (from my phone on vacation) but it wouldn't let me. :( I'm looking forward to more posts about your house and what your neighborhood and area looks like. Sooo happy you had such a nice 4th of July too.

ps: hope you get that new car of yours!

Kathleen Allison said...

Congrats! So, you actually do live in Washington? Mark's Aunt Laura and Uncle Tom live there and that's where we stay when we visit! When you first posted pics of your new house I commented to Mark that your neighborhood looked just like his Aunt's. It's a beautiful neighborhood and I love it there.

Kathleen Allison said...

I just looked, they live on East Birken Street.

Gayle Daly said...

They live fairly close to us considering we live in the toolies i think. :)

Lorraine Butler said...

Congrats (I think) on your newest opportunity. I'm sure it will get more interesting as time goes by. You're good at getting jobs!