Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

San Antonio Thanksgiving

This year we got to spend Thanksgiving with Scott and Jess in San Antonio.
We got up at 3:30 AM. This is us backing out of the driveway at 5:05 AM.
I've finally gotten over avoiding early flights and returning home late. 
I don't sleep good anymore so I don't care if I don't get enough sleep.
Here we are in our seats on the plane.
Corinne sent a text asking if we were in Texas. 
This was my reply text.
Jess makes delicious food. Everything she makes is so good AND
she makes it beautiful too. All magazine worthy photo shoot.
 A little blurry, but you get the idea. 
We had six pies. Four Jess made and two from Kneaders. 
Kneaders disappointed because they really looked awful. Jess was not happy.
These are her pies. Pumpkin, Smores, Pecan Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Chocolate.
My favorite was the Peanut Butter Chocolate. 
I didn't think it would be, but I am recently becoming more and more in love with things Reese Peanut Butter related.  

Now it's time to eat. 
Scott and Jess warned us that Evan has kind of started the stranger danger phase.
Yes he wasn't a big fan having us in his bubble. That's okay. We did have some moments.

Jess and Fred are quite the team for working undercover. 
They did some shopping for Scott. 

I got to sit by Evan in the car and managed to entertain him. 
On the way back from the Tree Farm I even got to touch him without him waving me off.
He was pretty tired. 
The ground was really uneven so Evan took quite a few spills walking around out there.
It was hot - 80 degrees - not like our Christmas tree looking back in the day when our kids were growing up in Bremerton. 
I had Evan duty for a while. 
 See - I'm smiling - he is putting up with me. 
 
Here is the winner. A nice cedar.
 The fun begins for Scott and Fred. 
Step 1.
 Step 2.
 Step 3.
 Step 4. 
 Just messing around now. 
I had Jess give me some pointers on Instagram. 
I hope I can remember what she showed me and use it.
Like this feature.
 Here is the decorated tree. 
Friday night we met up with Larry and Cheryl Johnson and went out to dinner - all of us. 
They look good. It's always fun to reunite with old friends.
We did a little Christmas shopping. We lazed around the house reading, shopping on line, watched a movie, this and that. Low key and relaxing. Eating lots of leftover pie.
This little family is doing so good. Makes us super happy. 

1 comment:

cindy said...

Wonderful!! Can I invite myself next time?