Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

recipes

The Pumpkin Pudding dessert was a little bit more favored.....I'm pretty sure I baked the other dessert too long. I was afraid to pull it out after it had baked according to the recipe. I am positive it should have been gooey. It's basically a dump cake.

So the Pumpkin Pudding Dessert recipe is:
Crust: 1/2 cup of each of the following: flour, crushed graham crackers, oatmeal, brown sugar, milk and butter (I melted it, but I suppose you could just cut it together) Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
Custard: 2 cups canned pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1 can evaporated milk, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt. Pour over baked crust and bake for 20 minutes
Topping: 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 T butter (again I melted the butter, but I'm not sure now that is the best method) crumble this mixture over the custard and bake for 20 more minutes. I test this recipe like a pumpkin pie - knife inserted comes out clean.

Pumpkin Dessert (Dump cake)
1 large can pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
1 can condensed sweetened milk
3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 yellow cake mix - dry
Combine the above ingredients and put into a 9x13 pan. Add one package dry yellow cake mix (crumble the cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture). Melt two sticks of butter and drizzle over the cake mix. Add one cup of chopped nuts on top of it. Bake for 45 minutes at 350.

5 comments:

cindy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the recipes!!! I've been staring at them and wondering if it would be too bold to ask for them . . . now I can't wait to try them out! Anything with pumpkin and nuts . . . mmmmm!! :)

Kathleen Allison said...

Thanks Gayle! Can't wait to try...Cindy, I asked for the recipes...was I to forward Gayle?

Doranda said...

Ooohh Your treats were good. One of them I liked better. I'm not sure which one it was though. Which one was the one where the top was not as mixed in with the rest of it? I think it was a brighter orange. I want to make it.

Gayle Daly said...

I was flattered and I was going to post them anyway. :)

Gayle Daly said...

Doranda, I think it was the Pumpkin pudding dessert. The only topping was the nuts & brown sugar. It was the one that was set on the tablecloth. More people seemed to like it.