Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

cartagena colombia

This was our last excursion before heading home. 
It was the HOTTEST day.
We look cool and calm now.
 We went to Castillo San Felip de Barajas (an iconic fortress with tunnels)
that's a quote from on line).
 Of course, everywhere are vendors. So many hats. If I thought I would wear one again back home, I would buy one. I just knew I wouldn't. It's too windy back home.
I'll stick to vacations to wear my hat. 
 Such a beautiful view from way up at the fortress.
 Columbia's flag
 Nice picture of Fred here I say.
 Not exactly a great looking place.
The tour guide took us down through a tunnel. 
It was suffocating. I really thought I was going to lose it.
I'm not claustrophobic, but there was no oxygen in there. 
It was hot and there had been probably hundreds of other people down there before us.
Plus it was so dang hot outside. I was sweating and it was disgusting.
Not a highlight that I will recall from our trip.
I was glad when we got out of there and back to the nice cool tour bus.
It's hard to believe soldiers ever had to inhabit that place. 
 Next was a tour of a historical area. Called the Walled City of Cartagena.
 The colors were quite beautiful. 
 Beautiful hanging vines of flowers.
 So many bright colors.
 I figured out this was their movie theatre - you think?
 LOVED THIS BLUE building.
 So I see these three ladies posing with this young mother and I think a few kids.
I didn't get there fast enough to snap a shot.
So I stop them and ask to take a picture, but I don't want to be in it.
They agree happily. I start to walk away and one of them stops me and puts out her hand.
I have to flag Fred down because I don't carry any money.
He gives me a dollar bill. The lady points to her two friends.
What the heck. What a scam. I felt stupid. 
Anyway I guess that's how they make their living. 
They do look spectacular though don't they.

 I don't know the names of the next two places we went so you will just have to enjoy looking.



 This was some type of museum.
These are all gold pieces.

 Made me think of the days of the Book of Mormon.
 Statue of Christopher Columbus in the Plaza de la Aduana 


Goodbye Columbia. 

No comments: