Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

February visit with Shannon & Kids

Shannon and the kids braved the snowy conditions and drove to see us from Denver.
I just love it when grandkids arrive and slip right in and start playing with whatever they find.
Coloring for Mima.
 Legos for Buddy.
Dolls and legos.
 I took off Friday and Monday so I could spend time with them. 
Fred doesn't work on Thursday & Fridays.
We went to the train park on Friday. It's amazing that they don't tire of riding this little train.
 Mima wanted to sit by me until she realized everyone else was going to be facing backward.
I ended up alone. 
Del Taco was lunch. It's great that they have a play area. That's what we always look for when considering what we want to eat.
 Home to setting up the race track.
 A balanced meal for Mima. I still have fun dishes for the kids, but I usually forget to get them out.
Saturday we visited the Temple grounds and the Visitor's Center.

Sunday we didn't go to church because Shannon forgot the kids church clothes. 

 Monday we went to the Children's Museum. Since the first time we went through the museum it has been improved drastically and is really so much more interesting and fun.



Tuesday I went back to work. 
Our closing activity was dinner at I Hop.
The kids love their happy face pancakes. Basically a chocolate pancake with chocolate chips.
 It was a good meal and our waiter was really great with the kids.
It's already been a month since they were here.
We had such a great time. We'll see them again in June.
I think Shannon is such a trooper to make that long drive to see us. 
I'm glad that the kids are good travelers. 
Now with Shannon being a stay at home Mom, maybe they will come more often. 

No comments: