Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Fred and I talk about our future a lot. That is probably normal for couples.
Our next step is moving to Denver and perhaps then not working anymore.
Which would mean needing only one car.
We talked about what that car would need to be.
Not a sedan ~ my criteria.
I do not like hauling myself up and out of a sedan. Getting back in is not much more graceful.
Lots of history behind us buying the Subaru Outback that I won't go into.
We drove Shannon's. Lots of great safety features. It sits up, so it's easy getting in and out.
Fred works for the Subaru dealer. Things lined up and fell into place.
The timing was right. Scott said he would like to buy the Camry.
Knowing Fred's pride and joy was going to a good home made it not so painful.
Fred said "It's the first brand new car I bought for myself and it just fits me. 
I thought I would be buried in it."
I should have taken more pictures. I quickly took this one as he was finishing up with the last fill up at the Maverick in St. George.
 We pulled over in Santa Clara so he could rearrange some stuff.
I decided to take a picture from the back of the view I was going to have for the next 3 1/2 hours.
That Camry really is a beautiful car. I feel for Fred being sad about it.
 Scott and all the family met us in Bullhead City AZ.
It was 118 degrees there. YUCK.
This was not a picnic for this little family.
BUT it was so great to spend this time with them. 
These boys could not be any cuter.

 Looking into Graham's eyes is just like looking into his Daddy's baby eyes.

 I think this car fits Scott just like it did Fred. 
We are happy to know the Camry is going to a good family. 
Maybe they will let Fred drive it when we visit. 
 Fred is a good Dad. He got the car detailed, oil changed and gathered every bit of car maintenance and information possible for Scott. That's just what he does. That's his love language.
So farewell Gray Camry! It's been a great ride.





No comments: