Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Busy December 2019




This is the first December since we moved here that I have been overloaded with music! Our ward choir had 6 songs to prepare and three special musical numbers for soloists. Three pieces were super challenging. I can't really remember a time in the past where 
I had to practice so much and be focused. It's been good for me. 
I've been lazy for years with my piano playing. 

The first performance was accompanying the daughter of a friend in her own ward. I had been very concerned if I was going to be up to all the music ahead. My record has not been stellar since moving here. I lost a big amount of my confidence. The musical number went well - I held it together. Covering when I needed, but never making an outright
mistake. I was relieved and encouraged that I could do it.

We had six additional practices with the choir for the Ward Christmas Party. The choir sang two pieces and then I accompanied a soloist. 

  We sang three prelude numbers and then a special number for Sacrament meeting this last Sunday .
In Sunday School, I accompanied a friend and her daughter to sing during the lesson. 

This Sunday we will sing a congregational hymn arrangement. 

We also had an Empty Nest White Elephant Night.
We have been trying to go this year so we can socialize more. 
Everyone came to the party, but a regular FHE night there are about 30.

I also had my Creative Circle Favorites Gift Exchange. 
That was a success. We had about 25 women who attended.






I'm so glad that I have organized this group. It's good for everyone.

Also a work party for me. This year instead of an evening with spouses and dressing up, 
it was decided to do a community outreach activity.
Eight families were nominated by our employees from the community who are in need and our company purchased gifts for them. Everyone at the party was invited to help with wrapping. 
It was very successful. We on the committee were not sure it would work out. 
I was in charge of games. So I found a jiggle bell shake game on line. 
At the end of the wrapping it was kind of dead, so I got our DJ to bring up the Macarana.
From there it got wild. A lot of us more "fun girls" rocked out to lots of music for about 40 minutes.
It was such great fun.


 The committee

 Wrapping tables - there were eight tables

So that is my December so far. 

1 comment:

Lorraine Butler said...

Some things never change!!