Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

nesting at age 54?

Sunday's dinner salad. I love red peppers, sliced almonds, cranberries, carrots and spring mix with a sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese on my salads. This is a recipe I have made a couple of times. It actually calls for bowtie pasta, but I didn't have any. Sweet italian sausage, red peppers and 1/2 cup of vegetable soup broth. Easy yet so yummy.




This is a loaf of rustic bread that I made from the dough I came home with from a bread class I took. It's quite delicious. We have been eating way too much bread in the last week. I especially like mine slathered with butter!









My first creative project in ages: This is my baby bracelet from when I was born. I was searching the house for PINK.





This is an earring holder frame project that my daughter Shannon shared with me. I tried to find embellishments that would go with the colors in my bedroom, but everything I found made me think "old lady" so I reverted back to my favorite color PINK. This was a charm that was part of a "happy gift" from my Ross Lake trip.





My work station: my ironing board. Those scissors were given to me by my grandma Waldron when I first started sewing at age 15. She said every seamstress needs a sharp pair of small scissors.






I had a great weekend of creativity and nesting. It felt GREAT! I want more.

2 comments:

cindy said...

That looks like a yummy salad---I've been loving putting peppers in mine lately too. And you can NOT have bread without it being slathered in butter!

Lorraine Butler said...

Look at you, all that creative stuff! The earring holder turned out darling. It is said that all of us really need the godly practice of creativity. Look how yours is coming out!