Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

the coolest thing


Strange you may be thinking.. but this was THE COOLEST thing ever. Yesterday I went to Seaport Salon & Spa to take advantage of my rewards $50 certificate for a spa treatment.....and added a paraffin dip to my manicure plus hot stone massage....they pull out this contraption and I was duly impressed. I always wonder how dirty the wax dips must be that they use at the "other" places I frequent....well this is a one time use paraffin dip machine. They have these hand shaped baggies with the wax in them that they put in this chamber, add some kind of heating pouch and then close it up. Soon it steaming like this picture. Remove the hand baggies and slip your hand in. .... TaDa instand melted paraffin CLEAN!!! never been touched by another human hand.




Let me add some particulars if you are interested... Spa manicure $32, hot stone massage additional $15 (not worth it), paraffin dip addidtion $15. Seaport Salon treats me like royalty...it's great. It helps that I go there monthly if not more to buy or get services. If you ever go, tell them I sent you!!!





4 comments:

KariMarie said...

That sounds fabulous! I've never been to a spa and never had a "real" mani or pedi before. But I will put this place on my list if I ever make it out.

Lorraine Butler said...

Mmmmm. Sounds like a little bit of Gayle heaven!

Michael and Denise said...

Do you get your hair cut there too? Does your stylist know how to cut curly hair? My stylist left, so I'm looking for a new one, and I don't to go through trial and error of finding someone who's really good at cutting curly hair.

Gayle Daly said...

Denise, I just found your post in my junk mail box. Oops. I don't get my hair cut there, but I'm going there tomorrow for a massage. I will ask if they have someone really great with curly hair. Kim will be straight with me on who is good or not. I'll check with my regular stylist too and let you know what I come up with.