Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grammie's Vegas Adventures

I just got home from 10 days in Las Vegas with Shannon & Little Buddy (LB for short) & Brian too. I didn't take many pictures because LB from day to day looked pretty much the same. Asleep or nursing. I'm not into diaper changing pictures and he didn't like his sponge baths. I took this picutre the morning that I left.

Other than two nights (following Shannon eating Cafe Rio) LB wakes only once a night around 3 AM. Goes back to sleep until 6AMish....in time for Daddy Brian to change him and play while Shannon gets dressed.

Brian is an awesome Dad. He is studying for the DAT.....and his only break is food and coming to hold & feed LB when it's possible. Shannon is nursing & pumping so Brian gets to take his turn at feeding LB.


 I thought I was taking a video and LB was moving and looking around looking so sweet....ding dong Grammie.

I spent everyday watching TV, working on my stitchery kit, and failed at reading. The first two days I was pretty tired...not sure why I wasn't the one getting up. I did stay up late though. In the evenings I would go downstairs to my Grandma Suite and watch movies & TV on my I Pad. It was a sweet deal.

At Shannon's I always seem to eat a lot. They have fun food that I try not to have around home. Oreo cookies, ice cream and bags of chips...also Dyno chocolate krispies.....I did, however, make two casseroles, clean my bathroom, wash clothes, clean their oven, range & microwave. That was the day before I left. Once I got motivated to be productive then I really didn't want to leave.

When we were pulling out of the garage to head to the airport, I was crying a bit. Shannon & Brian have truly been blessed. First to have each other and now to welcome this sweet little baby to their lives.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of LB when he gets his baby fat. He has very large hands with LONG fingers.

So that is it until I get new pictures.

1 comment:

Lorraine Butler said...

It sounds like it was a happy trip. I'm glad you are free to do stuff like this for/with your children.