Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mixed up dinner


Fred and I have started to accept invitations that come in the mail for retirement seminars. So far we have accepted two because of the "deal" that comes with the seminar.
The first time we went to one, we got free tickets to Mary Poppins a musical at the Brigham Playhouse. Only had to sit through about an hour presentation.

The second invitation we accepted was for a free meal at one of the 
really nice restaurants here in town.
This is where we went last night for dinner.
Our meals were really good.
 I got two fish tacos and Fred got salmon. 
 Of course, I didn't take my camera. I need to keep it in my purse.
Getting pictures of our actual view and meals would be much better 
than these that I found on line. 
Now for the rest of the story.
When the invitation came in the mail, I wanted to go because of the free meal at a fancy restaurant the I figured we most likely would never choose to go to.
I left it up to Fred to call and make our "reservation" for the presentation & dinner.
The night we wanted was full, but they added last night as an additional evening.
So Fred had the date right. The company called yesterday to confirm our reservation.
Fred listened to the recording carefully.
He asked me if I knew where the restaurant was and I said yes.
I googled it for directions. We both relied on the other for information.
We didn't look at the invitation before we left.
We show up and give them our names. We aren't on their list, but they seat us and say it is okay.
 We order and mention to the waitress again about the mix up at check in.
She said she wasn't aware of a presentation that night so she would check with her manager.
No presentation last night. They have a presentation reserved for the 27th.

We stayed and ate our meal.
Went home, listened to the message again.
"See you tonight at the Fish Rock Grille".
Oops.
This is where the presentation and FREE meal was last night.



2 comments:

cindy said...

Hah--that's funny! But at least you got a fancy meal in a fancy restaurant with a fabulous view. And . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (I sure hope its your birthday today. Aug. 27 always sticks out in my mind). So, if that wasn't the restaurant for the presentation, did you end up having to pay (dumb question, but I just wondered how that ended).

Gayle Daly said...

Yes we paid - helped redeem our situation. Yes it's my birthday today! Thanks for remembering.