Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Park City

Back in May I attended a What Women Want convention in St. George.
The first booth I stopped at I bought a two night stay in the Westgate Resort in Park City for $99.
Here is our story.

We made all kinds of "plans" which included the outdoor rides at Park City Base.
When we parked the car and began walking to the rides, this is what the sky looked like.
Not a good sign.
The rides and zip line were closed down at this time due to rain and wind and threats of lightening.
We left and drove to the resort to ride the gondola.
When we purchased the tickets for the ride, the guy lists all the reasons the gondola would be shut down and no refunds on tickets. We head for the door. More rain.
This isn't happening.
Luckily, the gondola was still running. At least the tickets were good for unlimited rides. 
We rode again after dinner.



Our room was on the top floor - Floor 9.
This was our view out of the bedroom window.

I had planned on cooking two dinners in our room and fixing lunch once.
Didn't happen. The kitchen was actually pretty abbreviated and we managed to not make it to the store for the additional items I planned the meals around.
We ate at this out door "restaurant" for lunch.
This was an open air gondola that was free.

The weather cleared so we headed back to Park City Base and waited in line for 1/2 an hour.
In line - isn't this the Piano Guy - you know the guy that plays the piano in the Piano Guys videos?
There was this coaster ride and a slide. We thought the slide looked hazardous, but while standing
in line we changed our mind and decided to go on both.
Well by the time we rode the coaster and I screamed and laughed the whole way down, 
it got really cold outside and we decided to save the slide for the next trip.
Breakfast was provided Sunday morning and we ate lunch at one of the restaurants at the Resort called Drafts. Of course, all the restaurants are "award winning".
Fred had a huge 1/2 lb hamburger and I had fish tacos. The food was good. 
I'm not very good at taking lots of pictures. I feel kind of silly. I need to get over that.

Sunday evening we drove to the Old Downtown Park City.
There was a street market that we walked through and then up and down Main St.
So many cute shops and fantastic looking restaurants.
Next trip! We stopped for ice cream at the Rocky Mountain Candy Shop.

During the day I kept hearing people say "Olympic Park". I was thinking the Olympics as in the mountains in Washington. So confusing. Then I understood.
We drove up the Utah Olympic Park where they held the Olympics.
We got there as they had just closed the gates for tourists. 
We only got to take some pictures.



It just seems that executing our plans didn't seem to go like we planned.
Everything seemed to take longer or be more involved so we didn't get to do all that we wanted. 
We plan to take more trips to Park City. We are definitely going back.

We got to stop and have lunch with my brother Craig and his wife Lynnette on the way home. 
It is really nice to be able to visit with them. 



2 comments:

cindy said...

I'm glad you had fun, in spite of the bumps along the way. Wish we could have worked it out to meet up with you!! Unbelievably, we did go to Park City to the Columbia outlet on Monday afternoon so Keith could buy some pants like Tyler had. I couldn't find the email with your cell numbers in it, and figured you must have left by then. The traffic in Park City was horrible, a standstill. Glad you're planning on going back again. There are so many fun little spots up there.

Gayle Daly said...

I actually pulled out my phone on Sunday night when we were walking thru downtown to call and ask where you were. Then I realized I had Fred's cell and mine was charging back at the Resort with your number in it. Guess it was not meant to be.