Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

reflecting

Yesterday at church while the Sacrament was being passed, I was watching one of our new deacons. For some reason I got lost in many thoughts in relation to our young men and the priesthood. When these young men advance in the offices of the Aaronic Priesthood, it really is only a short time that they perform these duties of passing, preparing and blessing the Sacrament. Sure there are times that the Melchizedek Priesthood assists with the Sacrament, but it is no longer their responsibility on a regular basis.

My next train of thought went to Scott. I searched my memory of an image of him passing the Sacrament as a Deacon and I could not come up with one. I know I watched him, but I don't have an image. Then I thought about him preparing and blessing the Sacrament and again, no particular image came to my mind.

Fred and I talked about this over lunch after church. He agreed with my experience and also shared that all of Scott's teenage years Fred was serving in the Stake and simply was not in our ward. He said by the time Scott was in his last year of high school he realized that he missed all of that.

It was a melancholy kind of day. We are so proud of Scott. He is so amazing. Scott does not speak unkindly about anyone or anything. He is so enthusiastic about what's going on in his life. Always a happy report when he calls. He does amazing things wherever he goes to take everything to the next level. I don't know about Fred, but I sometimes marvel and wonder where he gets these traits. It doesn't appear that Scott has developed or learned any of our bad habits. He is a good and honorable man. We love him.






  


1 comment:

cindy said...

What a wonderful tribute to a good boy (I will always call him a boy). I DO remember him passing and blessing the sacrament. And (trivia), he came home from his mission the exact same day Toby reported to the MTC in Brazil. I don't know why I remember things like that, but I do. You've got a great son there.