Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Big Twelve

This last weekend we took a trip up to see Corinne's family.
We went to celebrate Richard's birthday
 (same as Grandpa Fred on the 17th)
and Spencer's birthday on January 1st.
The main attraction for the weekend was Richard receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and being ordained to the office of a Deacon.

Saturday was a hither and dither day and I didn't take any pictures.
I broke all the rules on Sunday and took pictures during Sacrament Meeting.

This is Margot, Ben's mom. I love her. She is the nurturing Grandma for the these boys.
I'm not so good at that. Never have been. Even with my own kids I probably lacked on displaying affection and not so good with words either. I always figured they knew from how we lived.
Probably not such a smart move. Both Fred and I were raised that way.

So back to the fun of the day.
Spencer - and his singing gyrations.

I was busy taking pictures and missed the moment when the Primary was done singing and Spencer threw his leg over the podium to climb over. Someone did stop him in time.
Corinne is the ward choir director. She is a skilled director from what I observed. I would be her pianist any day.
 Corinne also sang a duet with Heather Abbey (Joy & Howard's daughter in law)
She also accompanied a musical group. She was kind of a one woman show.
We were pretty doggone proud. All those years of music growing up prepared her for her life today.
I got Henry in my lap and we had some fun with my phone.
 Any with my tasty lip gloss that tastes like peppermint.
Spencer with the goofiness again.

While Richard stood on the stand next to the Bishop, he made the same awkward, self conscious faces as Scott did when he was the same age. It was heartwarming. 
There were a lot of members from Ben's family. 
Richard had two sets of grandparents, his aunt Sara and her new boyfriend Spencer, great uncle Rick, great aunt Terry and her husband Kent, uncle Paul and his wife Janae and their two little boys. 
It was a very nice day.

2 comments:

cindy said...

I'm so glad you got to go be part of Richard's big day. I'm totally loving all the sacrament meeting pictures too. I've wanted to do that but always chicken out. Good job!

benandcorinne said...

Cindy's comment made me laugh. Thanks for sharing from the heart mom!