Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gem of the Week #5

So Gem #5 is Mima.
I was really happy when Shannon announced we had a granddaughter on the way.
I waited a long time and four grandsons for her.
Even better is she is turning out to be all girl. Which simply thrills me to no end.

Mima loves stuffed animals.
The challenge we have with Mima is she does not cozy up to us really at all.
She loves her Momma best and makes no apology for it. 
Even Brian gets left out a lot of the time. 
Somehow Grandpa got in close for looking at books. Lucky guy!
 I have shown great restraint in not buying tons of little girlie outfits for Mima.
This is probably the first one I sent. It is so hard to not go crazy. I've made her a dress and bought her another outfit for Christmas this year. 
 This little yellow dress is one we bought for Shannon when we lived in Japan when she was three.
I'm glad to see saving it all these years paid off.
 I love this picture for several reasons. 
I love the look on Buddy's face - kind of don't mess with my sister.
I love Mima's little piggie tail on top.
I love that she looks so feminine.
 This picture captures the absolute joy these two girls have being together.
 I just like her smirk in this picture.
 Do I even need to explain why I love this picture?
 Or this one? I think my Mom would have loved this little headband. It's so Taye!
 When Mima was little, she absolutely was not a cuddler. She always hung back like this with her arms dangling. 
 Pretty much she is always happy. Love her one little dimple.
 This is when I knew Mima had crossed over to the world of pink and princess. 
I love this little girl. She doesn't have to do anything but be herself. 
She truly is a dream come true for me.

1 comment:

cindy said...

The picture of Shannon and Mima cheek to cheek is perfection. I hope you have that framed.