Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

This proves I have a problem

I have been bugging Fred for many many years that I want more diamonds on my wedding ring or a new one. I've come to be very lustful after BIG diamonds and lots of finger glitter. Well my wedding ring has been a bit more snug especially the last few months (maybe gaining a ton of weight contributes to that problem) anyway back to the story. I went into Penney's a couple of weeks ago and was drooling over the jewelry counter and when someone came to help me I found myself responding with a yes. I said I wanted something big and sparkly but under $100. They have that there. Diamond Art. This was a ring that is normally about $330. I got it for $86 which included sizing and a lifetime warrantee for free sizing, repair & cleaning. Problem is my wedding ring is a 5 so I knew I needed it to be a little bigger, but I had them make me a 7. I was so nervous while I was doing the ordering because I couldn't believe I was doing it, that I didn't really think clearly. It's huge. I'm going to have to go back and have it sized again. I'm in conflict about wearing it instead of my wedding ring....I didn't tell Fred (you can't either). I don't think he will notice for a LLLLOOOONNNNGGG time. I could not get a clear picture of the side view. But you can see it sits high and has a beautiful mount. Oh and the problem that I'm referring to ..... I love to shop and spend money. I get my highs from eating (which I'm trying to control) and shopping. I keep telling myself that when summer is over and I'm back to work, I'll be done shopping. I keep telling myself when Scott gets married and we transition to the official empty nest that life will change. Please don't laugh at me. I have to have hope.







2 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

Pretty ring. Can't wait to see it on your hand!

What will you do instead of eating and shopping for fun and fulfillment? Is work really so great it fills that bill?

Gayle Daly said...

Work will only fill my time during the day. As far as new fulfillments...you know I'm always looking for something. :)