Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Progress in the kitchen

So I have become more involved in trying new recipes and putting forth more effort in the kitchen as far as food preparation goes. Someone asked why am I making this change....well it's because I have stifled myself all these years thinking "is this diet friendly? Oh there are too many fattening ingredients" etc.... Which believe it or not did serve me well until the last 8 or so years. Well I'm tired of that whole business and have adopted a new eating philosophy. I eat what I want, but not as much. Take smaller servings or share an entree with Fred when we go out. So on with my story.

This is two granny smith apples sliced with sweet onion cooking in butter. Which I proceeded to add to a sharp cheddar cheese sauce that I made, pasta & sweet chicken sausage.

This is the finished product. It calls for broiling the last 3 minutes to brown the panko crumbs, but has anyone ever broiled in one of their pyrex dishes? I don't think it's safe is it? It was a very tasty dish. Fred took two servings. I had one because I knew there were going to be chocolate chip cookies to follow!





5 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

I broil in glass (pyrex) all the time. Never had a problem.

Kathleen Allison said...

...Oh...and it looks divine!

Gayle Daly said...

Thanks for the heads up on broiling in a pyrex dish. I'll do that next time.

Lorraine Butler said...

Yum!! Way to go!

KariMarie said...

What a great recipe to put forth effort on. I can almost smell it (it looks delish).....I think I'm hungry.