Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

feng shui/memory lane

I've been puttering around the house this afternoon and found this book I bought several months ago. I started leafing through it. I was reminded why I bought it. It is very insightful to what clutter can do to our home. Of course, I'm reading it in Fred's behalf. I declutter all my stuff constantly, but Fred is the master of cluttered feng shui, but he doesn't even know it.



So anyway on with my story....as I'm headed out the front door I see this little wall decoration that I made in homemaking when Corinne was probably two years old. I asked Fred what it was doing on the stairs. He said I needed to fix it. The lace on her skirt has been dangling for years. I thought to myself that I had been thinking of fixing it for years, but never bothered.

This is Corinne's first writing of her name in history. See the C O R I N N E Naughty Corinne for ruining Mommy's homemaking masterpiece!



I felt I was obligated to fix it and continue to save this little part of our history forever....even to hang it in the new house. BUT the thought came to me TAKE A PICTURE and blog it.


So here you have it. Now I can throw it away and be at peace with that decision. Sorry Corinne.



I believe in decluttering. I read in this book today that holding on to past clutter and things prevents us from moving forward with our lives. I'm totally into moving forward!

3 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

Great idea...you go girl!

Lorraine Butler said...

Inspiring!! I'm throwing away something right now because of your good example.

cindy said...

Love the idea of taking a picture to save it, instead of having the actual "thing" there to take up space. Great idea! :)