Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

personal revelation or the feel good moment



This morning as I was driving to work and having my morning prayer in the car, I came upon a thought process that was quite revealing and comforting. Too often I hear many of us (me included) saying something to the affect that people are trying to portray how ideal their life is and hiding their miseries or challenges. That we don't want people to see our weaknesses or problems...well there may be some truth to that, but this morning part of my prayer was gratitude for people (whose blogs I follow) who post fun and happy moments of their daily life. As I read some posts sometimes I catch myself thinking "yeah so you are sharing this perfect picture, but I know your life isn't perfect".....Quite honestly how wonderful is it that as we are drudging through our day we recognize our moments of joy and fun and then want to share it with others who care. That is how we get through our day to day moments. I don't know if any of us experience a perfect day, but everyday I know there are glimpses of joy, gratitude and hope.



Thank you friends for caring enough to share your joys and not shying away from sharing to avoid making others feel bad that their life is not as perfect or fearing someone might think you are trying to prove that you are. We are all the same.

2 comments:

cindy said...

Oh, ps . . . I forgot to say that I really appreciate my friends who share creative things, whether it is how to make something, or decorating, or a great recipe, it is all so inspiring to me. Its like we're all here to boost each other up, you know what I mean?

Lorraine Butler said...

I once went to the funeral of someone I was kind of mad at, and everyone was saying all these nice things about the guy. I had to stop myself and remember that these things were all true. Who wants to go to a funeral with negative stuff? And, likewise, who wants to read a blog full of someone's defeats? It's all about perspective....
Good job!